Up your grilling game this summer with this heart-healthy recipe. Seafood cuts the risk for heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s, stroke, diabetes, and inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. Years ago, when I was struggling to come up with my own set of ethics when it came to eating animals, I came across this passage: “If you’re used to preparing fish that’s already been filleted, I highly recommend grilling a whole fish at least once. It will give you an immediate sense of your food’s animal origins, and the flavors and eating experience are somehow elevated. I can’t explain it, but you’ll know what I mean when you try it.” That passage was wise and prophetic. It addressed the very nature of our relationship with the things that we eat. It suggested that by being more in touch with the source of our food, we could deepen our relationship with that food, enrich our experience of eating it, and perhaps even make more conscious choices about what exactly to include and...
Comments
Post a Comment